ASA Swim England Framework
The Swim England Learn to Swim Programme is a world- leading syllabus to support children and adults to learn to swim. Learning to swim is a wonderful experience that opens a world of possibilities for everyone. The different certificates and awards will help keep the students enjoying their swimming while progressing through the stages.
The Learn to Swim stage 1 – 7 framework is ideal for children aged four through to 11, developing confident and competent swimmers through fun and enjoyment. Each of the Learn to Swim Stage 1-7 Awards has a list of clear outcomes that need to be completed in order to gain each Award.
Learn to Swim Stages
By completing this Award, with or without floatation equipment or support, you will be able to:
- Enter the water safely.
- Move forward for a distance of 5 metres, feet may be on or off the floor.
- Move backwards for a distance of 5 metres, feet may be on or off the floor.
- Move sideways for a distance of 5 metres, feet may be on or off the floor.
- Scoop the water and wash the face.
- Be comfortable with water showered from overhead.
- Move from a flat floating position on the back and return to standing.
- Move from a flat floating position on the front and return to standing.
- Push and glide in a flat position on the front from a wall.
- Push and glide in a flat position on the back from a wall.
- Give examples of two pool rules.
- Exit the water safely.